Thursday, May 10, 2012

Battle of the Hot Cloth Cleansers : Liz Earle vs. Soap and Glory vs. Elemis

I am a huge fan of hot cloth cleansers. They are perfect for me because they do not dry out my already parched skin. Additionally, I simply love the fact that with each cleansing, I am actually gently exfoliating my face. Hot cloth cleansers appear to be most popular with British skincare brands. Each of the three hot cloth cleansers in my arsenal are made in the UK. I started using the Elemis Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser about two years ago. Since then, I started testing other brands - Soap and Glory Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser and Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser.

The Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser is my newest purchase. I wanted to start this review by talking about this product partly because I think it is amazing, but also partly because I was just so thrilled with Liz Earle's customer service. Because there are currently no stockists for the Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare range here in the United States, I ordered the product online. I had a hunch that I would love the product, so, I ordered a set of three cleansers.


Each of the Cleanse and Polish bottles came neatly wrapped in tissue. I opened my package and thought "how lovely!" ..they've wrapped me little presents!! Later on, I thought, "I'll keep them wrapped so I can tell the one I've started using from the new ones. :-)"

Also in my package came a little surprise which I had not ordered. Liz Earle sent me a complimentary 1oz. Travel Sized Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and one of her lovely muslin cloths. I have checked the website - the products she sent as a gift were worth over $10.


Little extras go a long way with me - it is so rare (it seems) for companies to go out of their way to impress you. I will definitely be looking into the other products in the Liz Earle Skincare range.

The other two products I mentioned are pictured below:

 

I've spent so much time gushing about Liz Earle, that I almost forgot to do the comparison review. In all honesty, the products are all fairly similar. I will compare the three products in three areas - scent, price, and simply how my face feels after each product.

Scent: All three products have a similar plant based lavendar like scent. However, they are slightly different in that the Soap and Glory Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser has a slightly more orange scent than the other two. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish definitely has a slight scent of Eucalyptus which the other two do not have.

Price: Of all three of the products, the Elemis Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser is the most expensive. It retails at $47. However, the bottle it comes in is the largest - around 5 oz. in comparison to the other products which are approximately 3 oz. sizes. Technically, the Soap and Glory Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser is the least expensive of the three products. It retails for $20. However, I purchased my set of three Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish for $58.50 - making each $19.50. Plus, I got free bonus products which make the deal even better in my opinion!

How My Face Feels After Each Product: Ironically enough, the products which make my face feel the best after using are the ones which are less expensive. This rarely ever happens for me. My favorite is the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I think that the Eucalyptus Oil in the product just helps my face feel more refreshed. The Soap and Glory Fab Pore is definitely "runner up". Elemis Pro Radiance is nice and I used to really love it. I think they may have changed the formula though because I loved my second bottle far less than my first. The consistency seems to have changed. Additionally, the Elemis products really sticks to my lashes in the morning. I wear contact lenses and if I don't follow the Elemis with a toner, I will get a greasy film on my contacts (not fun). I'm going to use the Elemis Pro Radiance up just because I hate wasting money. However, when I need more hot cloth cleanser, I'm definitely going with Liz Earle!!

I gushed so much about Liz Earle that I'm afraid people will think I've been put up to writing this. This review was not sponsored or encouraged in any way. :-)




1 comment:

  1. I love the fab pore hot cloth cleanser! Its so good and smells great :)
    please check out my beauty,fashion & lifestyle blog http://www.daenabe.blogspot.com (and follow on bloglovin' if you like :D)

    ReplyDelete