Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag

I love watching beauty videos on youtube. I know I could be doing much more productive things with my time, but, it relaxes me after sometimes hectic days. I have my favorite beauty gurus, most of which originate from the United Kingdom. Perhaps, I find the English more sophisticated or perhaps, I am drawn to their accents. I'm not sure which is the case. Anyways, the Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag has been circulating the internet quite a bit during the month of April. I think it is quite fun, so, I thought, why not do a blog post about it? Here are my picks:

GREED

What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
My most inexpensive beauty item is the Rimmel Eye Trio in Tempting. The colors are absolutely beautiful and the shadows blend nicely. It is difficult to tell from the photo but there is a golden sheen to each of the colors in the trio. I find that these colors really enhance my brown eyes.

Here are some swatches of the trio just so you can get a somewhat better idea.

I bought my Rimmel trio at Target and had a coupon. I paid a total of $0.99 for it! Bargain!

On the other side of the coin, my most expensive beauty item has got to be the Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask. I bought this because of Ruth Crilly's post on AModelRecommends. I love reading her blog. She is so funny and can make the most ordinary things sound interesting.

I actually do really like this mask. It has become a Saturday morning ritual. I do a good exfoliation, then layer this mask on. I lay about all day with it until I have something worth leaving the house for. My skin is dry, so, it just soaks this product right in, leaving a lovely sheen behind. I just apply foundation right over this mask - no need to rinse off. It cost me approximately $150.00 from Neiman Marcus.


WRATH

What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?
The product that I have a love/hate relationship with is my Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara. I absolutely love love love it during the day. It does not flake, does not irritate my contact lenses, and is such a great black black. However, I hate this product at night. It is murderous to try and take it off. I've given up, you see. Most of the time, I go to bed with remnants of mascara still on my lashes because I fear I'll accidentally tear lashes out trying to remove it.

I purchased my Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara from Sephora for $19.

The product which has been hardest to get is my Le Maquillage Petite Palette. I fell in love with this when I saw Samantha Chapman from Pixiwoo use it in her Angelina Jolie tutorial. The palette is called the Le Maquillage Professionel Concealer, Lip and Cheek Petite Palette and I bought it from PAM. After pounds were converted to dollars and international shipping was added, it cost about $50.


This product was worth the wait. It was out of stock for months, then took a few weeks to arrive after I ordered it. I may do a separate post on this with swatches. It is a great multipurpose palette and the textures are so smooth.

GLUTTONY

What are your most delicious beauty products?
My husband bought me a set of EOS lipbalms for Christmas. My favorite is Strawberry Sorbet. It smells scrumptious and keeps lips feeling soft.


SLOTH

What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
I'm not really sure if I neglect this product because of laziness or if I'm not sure I like using it. My pick for this category is the Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer. Actually, I neglect any under eye concealer. Many people complain about concealer setting in to fine lines. I've got the opposite problem. The concealer pulls away from the lines. One way or the other, nomatter what concealer I've tried (and I've tried alot) it never looks attractive after a few hours have passed. I find it easier to simply dab some of my Origins Ginzing under my eyes. It brightens just fine and doesn't either settle into lines or pull away from them.

PRIDE

What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
I love eyeliner. Making my eyes stand out gives me the most self confidence. I've got big brown eyes which many may say are pretty. They are pretty, however, I've always envied those with sexier shaped eyes. Using eyeliner in my waterline narrows my eyes a bit and makes them look sultrier. My current favorite is Costa Riche by Mac. It is a warm, reddish brown.

 I never thought to look at this color until the beautiful Jemima Chatfield used it in her Brooklyn Decker video. Thank You JemimaLou!!

LUST

What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
I'm not sure what this question has to do with beauty, but, I love a good sense of humor. My husband is thoughtful, sensitive, strong, and determined to better himself. These are the character traits that drew me to him. He also has the most lovely blue eyes, is tall and slender. Almost anything will look good on his build.

ENVY

What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
Tough question. When I want a beauty item, I want it right now. I'm not very patient when it comes to these things. I have no problems waiting to open up a package full of clothing, shoes, or handbags, but, when it comes to makeup, I'm like a kid in front of a plate of cookies. I can't wait!! The last beauty item I received as a gift was the Dior Garden Clutch Palette.
I hope you enjoyed my Seven Deadly Sins! Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment