Monday, April 16, 2012

The DragonFly Girl is Born


When I was a little girl, my mother told me stories about growing up in China. She told me about the culture, the foods, and the lifestyle. However, the stories I loved the most were the ones about the dragonflies. I love dragonflies. I loved them before it became popular to love them. I loved them as a small child listening to my mother's stories. As I listened about the beautiful fluttering wings, I imagined myself in China. As I grew older, I became fascinated by the anatomies, colors, and abilities of dragonflies. I loved dragonflies so much that I, at 20 years old, decided to have one tattooed upon my hip. It is an interesting little tattoo - one I designed myself. The dragonfly reminds me that I am part Chinese and not to forget this portion of my heritage. The dragonfly is also a symbol of beauty, uniqueness, and strength. I plan to write in this space about things which inspire me, things which are beautiful to me, and things which motivate me to be better than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment